Imagine falling in love with a girl, asking her out, and hearing her say yes. You start dating, and like every relationship, you have problems once in a while, but you solve them together. Then one day, you find out she cheated on you.
When I found out, I reacted like a man whose heart had been shattered. In my anger, I pronounced curses on her. I even called on the rivers around me and the spirits believed to be walking at that hour to curse her. I was fuming with anger, with tears rolling down my chin as I said those words.
After everything was done, a few days later, fear started to set in. I began thinking about what I had done, so we both traveled to Kumasi to have the curse reversed. The total cost was GH¢3,900, and I agreed to pay half.
Even after all this, she is telling me she does not want to continue the relationship. I have begged her. I have gone down on my knees with my hands folded, promising her that nothing of this sort will ever happen again. I have even gone to the extent of involving our families and mutual friends, but she is still refusing to change her mind.
I know what I did and the extent I carried it to was too far, and I have apologized.
At this point, I do not know what else to do. Is there anything I can do to save this relationship, or do I have to accept that it is over?
0 Comments